A quality resume is a necessity for a professional job search. There are many ways to structure and organize one's resume. The samples on this site should be used only as a guide.
Employers generally spend about 30 seconds reviewing each resume during the initial screening of applicants. Keep in mind these important points as you write yours:
- The overall appearance is very important.
- Be brief, clear, neat, and honest. Your resume should be well organized and easy to follow.
- Minimize abbreviations to only those that are well known (e.g., states).
- Make sure all relevant education, experience and skills are clearly highlighted.
- The most important, relevant information should appear early in the resume.
- Be focused; employers do not want to make career decisions for you.
- Your resume is a formal, professional document and a work sample.
- Always send a cover letter with your resume.
New Resume Service for Viterbo Students!
Need a resume? Feel like you should brush up on your interview skills? As a student at Viterbo University, you now have access to the OptimalResume online career services suite. This easy-to-use online software facilitates the process of creating a professional resume and allows you to practice interview skills. Click below to get started.
Format and Content Descriptions
Sample Action Verbs to Use on your Resume
Starting your resume? Check out Informational Video
Check out sample resumes for various majors and experience levels:
Sally Jones, Accountant
David IT Director
Job Star Central
Purdue Online Writing Lab Resume Workshop
Purdue Online Writing Lab Workplace Writing
Damn Good Resume Guide
Job Search. About.Com Resume Samples
Best Sampler Resumes
Resumes Samples Info