Cover Letter Management Major
555 Main Street
Anytown, WI 55555
April 30, 2014
Ms. Jane Jones, Human Resource Director
555 Main Street
Winona, MN 55555
Dear Ms. Jones:
Your recent posting on Viterbo University’s CareerConnect for a construction project manager is of great interest to me. Building and carpentry has been part of my life since high school, when I assisted in my family’s small construction business. Earning my degree in organizational management led to my interest in the business side of the construction field. From the first day I began managing custom home construction projects, I have consistently realized my objective of bringing every single project in on time and under budget. However, I have never believed that meeting those criteria alone was good enough. If you agree that well-managed projects should exceed customers' expectations in terms of quality and service, we should talk.
To help you learn more about my track record, I have enclosed my resume. While it illustrates my experience and training, what it cannot communicate is my dedication to my craft. My professional creed includes:
- Pride in the quality of my work and a willingness to personally perform even the most menial tasks to remove project obstacles and get the job done.
- Ability to envision how specific parts of the house should look and flow and to communicate those ideas to architects, designers, and upper management, always with positive results.
- Expertise in blueprint assessment and collaborating with architects throughout the job.
- Team building skills, with a track record of guiding, motivating, training and mentoring other carpenters.
- Exceptional skill at developing and executing a work plan and collaborating with sub-contractors to meet deadlines.
- A strong customer service orientation and skill in building lasting relationships with homeowners, who frequently request project advice.
Based on my experience, business planning skills, and strong commitment to my craft, I know I will add significant value to your team. I look forward to discussing my capabilities in more detail and am available for a personal interview at your convenience. You may contact me by telephone at 555-555-5555 or by email at email@example.com . Thank you for your time and consideration.