To request further information about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) program at Viterbo University, contact Viterbo University Admissions or call 608-796-3010 or 1-800-VITERBO.
Admission to the Nursing Major Requirements:
To apply for admission into the nursing major, the applicant must meet the requirements for admission to Viterbo University including the following.
- Composite ACT score of at least 20
- Math ACT score of at least 20
- Reading ACT score of at least 20
- High school rank in the 55th percentile or higher
- Applicants with a high school rank below 55% must be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- Applicants with no high school rank must have a high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4 point scale. Applicants with no high school rank and a GPA below 3.0 must be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- Completion of 1 year of high school chemistry, or equivalency, with grades of C or better
- Completion of 2 years of high school algebra, or equivalency, with grades of C or better
- Applicants must complete a separate application process to the Professional Nursing Sequence, after completing University prerequisites.
Prerequisites for beginning the nursing sequence:
To begin nursing designated courses in the sophomore level of the program, students must earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and show successful completion of the following courses or their equivalents:
Professional Nursing Program Requirements
Once you are accepted into the professional nursing sequence you will be expected to complete the following by the first week of your sophomore level coursework:
Progression in the Professional Nursing Program
In order to progress in the professional nursing program, students must earn a grade of C in BIOL 296 or repeat the course until a grade of C is earned. Students are expected to earn grades of C or higher in nursing courses. Students who earn grades of CD or lower (a grade of D or F will require the course be repeated) in a nursing course will be placed on probation and must earn grades of C or better in all remaining nursing courses. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the program. In addition, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher throughout the nursing program.
Application for Admission