Application to Professional Nursing Sequence - Transfer
Students not currently enrolled at Viterbo University (Current Viterbo students are currently enrolled and have completed or are in the process of completing at least 12 credits at Viterbo)
Transfer students need to apply and be accepted into Viterbo University as nursing majors and will meet the following requirements for admission as Viterbo University students:
- Submit high school transcript or equivalency which includes high school rank data.
- Submit transcripts from all previous post secondary schools attended.
- Submit ACT data, if the test was taken, with results indicating a composite ACT score of 20.
- Applicants with a composite ACT score below 20 must be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- If no ACT data is available, placement testing in math, reading, and writing, and an interview, prior to acceptance. Applicants must demonstrate a readiness for MATH 110/MATH 130 on the Viterbo math placement test.
- Completion of one year of high school chemistry, or equivalency, with grade of C or better.
- Completion of two years of high school algebra, or equivalency, with grades of C or better.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 on transfer credits (total earned points divided by number of credits).
- Applicants must complete a separate application process to the Professional Nursing Sequence, after completing college prerequisites.
Beginning in the 2016-2017 academic school year, Viterbo will admit two cohorts into the professional nursing sequence (Fall and Spring). In addition, transfer students will have the option to apply for direct entry into the professional nursing sequence if they meet all the qualifications. The size of each cohort will be limited, with the priority given to current Viterbo students. Each Fall cohort will allow the top 5 non-Viterbo transfer students into the program based on their cumulative transfer GPA. Additional transfer students may be considered if space allows. The Spring cohort will allow the top 25 non-Viterbo transfer students into the program based on their cumulative transfer GPA. Additional transfer students may be considered if space allows.
Application to Professional Nursing Sequence
Students wishing to enter the professional nursing sequence at the sophomore level must complete a formal application. This application is available online. Students must have completed all prerequisites by the end of the semester in which the application is submitted.
The priority deadline for the Fall cohort is April 15, with late applications accepted only if space allows. The priority deadline for the Spring cohort is November 15, with late applications accepted only if space allows. The Nursing Admission Committee will review current student records after publication of the spring semester grade reports. Letters of acceptance/denial will be mailed by mid June for the Fall cohort and by mid December for the Spring cohort; contingent on final grades in prerequisite courses. The committee will admit the most qualified students based on cumulative GPA, prerequisite GPA, science GPA and previous academic records. Preference for admission will be given to the most qualified students.
The school may find it necessary to deny admission to a qualified applicant because of enrollment limits in a cohort. Depending on the number of qualified applicants, meeting the minimum criteria for admission may not be sufficient to be admitted to the chosen cohort. Entrance is a competitive process. Current Viterbo students who qualify, but are not admitted to the cohort of their choice will be guaranteed a spot in the next cohort if they remain enrolled at Viterbo full-time and maintain the academic criteria, such as cumulative GPA and prerequisite grade requirements.
Students who do not qualify may submit an application for only one subsequent cohort. Applications are not automatically carried forward. Applicants who have applied in the past are given no special consideration and are reviewed as a member of the current applicant pool.