Servant Leader Award
Viterbo faculty, staff, and administrators are eligible for the Viterbo University Servant Leader Award in recognition of demonstrable servant leader qualities and characteristics in inter-personal relationships, performance, and achievement.
The award is given annually to a maximum of five (5) persons without regard to status, i.e., administrator, staff, faculty, or student.
A servant leader:
- is sensitive to the needs of others
- brings out the best in others
- mentors others and encourages their self-expression
- facilitates personal growth in those who work with them
- focuses on achieving the goals of the university
- does the unexpected
- challenges the status-quo in striving to find new directions
- upholds and supports the mission and values of the university