Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art
Admission to this program is highly selective. To be eligible for admission to the BFA program:
- Students must have successfully completed the 18 credit hours of the Art Foundations program. Grades for Foundations courses must be "C" or higher.
- Transfer students must have completed a comparable program.
The application form and accompanying materials must be:
- completed by all students applying for the BFA program in Studio Art.
- submitted for consideration by these deadlines:
- April 1 to begin the BFA program in the following Fall semester, or
- November 1 to begin the BFA program in the following Spring semester.
Additional requirements for graduation with the BFA degree in Studio Art include:
- exhibition of art work in a senior show at Viterbo,
- a portfolio representation in the form of 20 slides or digital images,
- a professional resumé,
- a senior thesis/artist/s statement,
- submission of work into two national juried exhibitions,
- and one of the following:
- solo exhibition outside of Viterbo,
- apply for and successfully complete an art residency or internship,
- successfully complete an approved community art project.