Arts Administration at Viterbo
Arts administrators are vital for theatre companies, performing organizations, and arts facilities to run smoothly so artists, production teams, and audiences have an exceptional experience at events. Art directors, creative services managers, and directors of development have a passion for the visual and performing arts enhanced by a strong foundation of business practices.
Viterbo University prepares arts administration professionals with excellent leadership, managerial, and administrative skills, grounded in respect and appreciation for all the visual and performing arts. Arts administration majors at Viterbo take a broad range of fine arts classes to gain an overview then choose a concentration in either the visual or performing arts. A strong business foundation comes from dynamic course work, such as marketing, personal economics, and business law, in the Dahl School of Business. Arts administration majors gain valuable real-world experience working for the renowned Viterbo University Fine Arts Center, which presents more than 30 touring shows a year on its stages.
With a degree in arts administration from Viterbo University, graduates have the confidence and skill set needed to successfully manage fine and performing arts organizations, companies, and facilities.
- Provides overview of all fine arts areas: dance, art, music, theatre, and music theatre
- An integrated program with courses from the Dahl School of Business and the School of Fine Arts
- Required internship with an arts organization
- Four state-of-the-art performance facilities: Viterbo University Fine Arts Center Main Theatre and Recital Hall, Viterbo University’s LaCroix Black Box Theatre, and the Weber Center for the Performing Arts
"As an Arts Administration major at Viterbo University I was given hands-on opportunities that formed the skill set I needed for professional internships. This program offered me the knowledge and experience that allowed me to secure a career in a field that I had always been passionate to work in. The education gained at Viterbo goes far beyond textbook learning and gives you the applicable experience the profession is looking for."
- Art director
- Company manager
- Creative services manager
- Director of development
- Product marketing manager
- Production designer
Graduate Schools/Employers of Alumni
- Jacobs Pillow Dance Festival
- Madison Children’s Museum
- Ordway Center for the Performing Arts
- Overture Center
- Tulsa Ballet
- Union Theatre