The Art Department is housed on the third floor of the Fine Arts Center and shares a Mac computer studio in the Reinhart Center. The department has studios for painting, drawing, printmaking, 3D/ceramics, computer labs for design, and a complete darkroom facility.
Painting and Drawing Studios
- The painting and drawing studios provide inviting and open spaces for classes and individual studio practice. Some classrooms are equipped with stands for modeling and still life painting.
- Viterbo's intaglio and relief print lab is comprised of three adjacent rooms equipped with two etching presses, one proof press, two hotplates, an aquatint box, a ventilated acid booth, a light exposure vacuum table, and table/workspace for 15 beginning and advanced print students.
- The 3D and ceramics labs consist of a kiln room and a joined ceramics/3D studio with a wide array of working spaces. Professional quality throwing wheels, commercial grade woodworking equipment, and state-of-the-art kilns are all included for student use.
- The design studio is on the 3rd floor of the Fine Arts Center. It is equipped for designing and making art.
Graphic Design Computer Lab
- The Reinhart Center houses Viterbo's graphic design computer lab. Offering state-of-the-art Macintosh hardware and software products from companies such as Adobe and Macromedia, the lab is always on the cutting edge of design technology.
Fine Arts Center Facility Policy
- All practice, studio, rehearsal, performance, and other spaces within the Fine Arts Center are for educational university purposes and may not be used by students engaging in personal, profit-seeking ventures.