Evaluation of Transfer Credit
Advisors should review the information in the on-line University Catalog regarding Viterbo's Transfer Credit Policy. Upon receipt of a transcript, the registrar will evaluate the courses taken at another institution and complete an Evaluation of Transfer Credit Form which is shared with the student and the advisor. A few thoughts to consider:
1) This form should be reviewed by the advisor with the student.
2) Grades do not transfer, only credits.
3) A course taken at another institution to replace a low grade in a course taken at Viterbo will replace the grade of the course taken at Viterbo. If the student achieves a grade of "C-" or higher in the course repeated at another institution, the credit will transfer and satisfy a Viterbo course requirement.
4) Courses taken at another institution should be pre-approved by the registrar to guarantee transferability. The Transfer Course Approval form is on the Registrar's Registration/Enrollment forms page.
5) If a course was taken as a lower division at another institution, it will transfer as a lower division even though the course may be an upper division at Viterbo. As a general rule, all courses from two year institutions transfer as lower division.
6) Questions or concerns about transfer credits should be directed to the Assistant Registrar.