Academic Advisor Behaviors
1. Demonstrate an understanding of what new students must go through in order to become matriculated.
2. Provide referrals to other university resources when necessary.
3. Help the student realistically assess their college major choice.
4. Help the students attain their immediate educational goals.
5. Provide information regarding courses, requirements, tests, registration, course changes, and so forth.
6. Interpret test results by relating them to major choice and course requirements.
7. Help students to evaluate and understand their educational goals.
8. Provide time for students to ask questions.