Professional Studies Program Requirements
Bachelor of Science Requirements
Students in the professional studies program must complete a total of 11 credits of math and science. Seven of these credits are met by completing the Scientific Reasoning in the Natural Sciences core curriculum requirement.
Core Curriculum and Mission Seminars
- Fine Arts - 3 credits
- History with a mission component - 3 credits
- Literature - 3 credits
- Philosophy with a mission component - 3 credits
- Religion (Theology) - 3 upper division credits
- Religion (Faith and Practice with a mission component) - 3 upper division credits
- Natural Science with lab - 4 credits
Other core curriculum requirements are covered by completed associate degree coursework. Students not transferring an associate degree would be required to complete additional core curriculum.
- COMM 211 - Communication Research Methods
- SOCL 330 - Cultural Anthropology (this course may not be used in the focus or support area)
- OMGT 402 - Ethical Leadership and Sustainability
- ORST 495 - Professional Studies Capstone
Other Major Requirements
Focus area - Complete 15 credits from one discipline
Support area - Complete 9 credits from a second discipline
Focus and support areas to choose from: arts in culture (courses from the Artistic Awareness category of the core curriculum), business, English, ethics, history, legal studies, philosophy, psychology, religious studies, science, and women's studies.
- 16 of the 24 credits in each area must be upper-division (300/400 level) courses.
- In order to graduate, a minimum of 120 credits must be earned, with at least 40 credits of upper division, and a minimum of 30 credits must have been earned at Viterbo.