Professional Studies Program Requirements
Bachelor of Science Requirements
Students in the professional studies program must complete a total of 11 credits of math and science. Seven of these credits are met by completing the Scientific Reasoning in the Natural Sciences and Quantitative Literacy core curriculum requirement.
Core Curriculum and Mission Seminars
- Fine Arts - 3 credits
- History with a Mission component - 3 credits
- Literature - 3 credits
- Philosophy with a Mission component - 3 credits
- Religion (Theology) - 3 credits
- Religion (Faith and Practice with a Mission component) - 3 credits
- Natural Science with lab - 4 credits
Other core curriculum requirements are covered by completed associate degree coursework. Students not transferring an associate degree would be required to complete additional core curriculum.
Other Major Requirements
Focus area - Complete 24 credits or 15 credits from one discipline (if 15 credits is selected, then a Support area must also be chosen)
Support area - Complete 9 credits from a second discipline
Focus and support areas to choose from: arts in culture (courses from the Artistic Awareness category of the core curriculum), business, English, ethics, history, legal studies, philosophy, psychology, religious studies, science, and women's studies.
- 15 of the 24 credits in each area must be upper-division (300/400 level) courses.
- In order to graduate, a minimum of 120 credits must be earned, with at least 40 credits of upper division, and a minimum of 30 credits must have been earned at Viterbo.