Online Health Care Management
Viterbo University offers a fully online Bachelor of Business Administration in Health Care Management. The goal of this program is to prepare graduates for a leadership role in health care administration. Through this program, students will gain:
- in-depth knowledge of legal and ethical issues
- quality improvement
- economic aspects of health care
Upon completion of this undergraduate degree, you may progress in your career by moving into health care administration. The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services has approved this program for graduates who want to apply for the state license as a nursing home administrator. In addition, you will be qualified to enter a variety of graduate programs, including Viterbo's Master of Business Administration program with a focus in health care leadership.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical and health services managers is expected to grow 23% from 2012 to 2022. The health care industry will continue to expand and diversify, requiring medical and health services managers to help ensure smooth business operations. Employment will grow in clinics, outpatient care sites, and offices of health practitioners, as well as in healthcare management companies that provide services to hospitals, information management systems and other organizations.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Business Administration in Health Care Management program, you will be prepared for a career in:
|Hospitals and clinics||Nursing homes||Retirement communities|
|Ambulatory care centers||Rehabilitation and long-term cre facilities||Home health care|
The health care management degree program offers:
- a generous transfer credit policy that allows you to transfer credits from other regionally-accredited institutions (see our articulation agreements).
- the option to attend full-time or part-time.
- personalized advising and support services
- flexibility, with all classes available online in eight-week terms.
- classes that begin three times per year in August, January, and May.
- tutoring and writing assistance through our on campus Academic Resource Center.
For more information
For more information, check out details on the Health Care Mangement program or our Health Care Management Degree FAQs. And if you are interested in our online Health Care Management program, contact Adult Learning at Viterbo University by completing the "Request Information" form on this page or by calling (608) 796-3010.