- Hometown: Marengo, IL
- Major: Management and Leadership Minor: Communication
- Campus involvement: Residence Life (RA), Cross Country, Track, Campus Ministry, WHIL, Residence Hall Association (RHA), Student Government (SGA), Honors Program, Voyager
- Favorite meal in the caf? Steve's omelets are top notch!
- Favorite place on campus and why?: My favorite place on campus would have to be either the San Damiano Chapel, or basically anywhere that is quiet enough to study,
talk, or just reflect, including: the Reinhart basement or balcony, Dahl Lounge, Honors Lounge, Campus Ministry office, or the meditation garden.
Hanging out with the Dancing Francis is pretty solid too (though I can tell he was a much better dancer than I).
- Favorite place or thing to do in La Crosse?: Call me a tourist, but I just love the bluffs, the river, or being downtown. It's such a beautiful place!
- Why I chose VU: I chose Viterbo because I fell in love with the nature and history of
La Crosse the second I visited and the university made it that much more appealing.
VU made the top of my list because of its religious identity, the business program, the small size and compact layout, and my opportunity to run on the cross country and track squads.
- Advice for prospective students conducting their college search?: Visit the schools you are thinking about! For me, it wasn't until I visited each prospective campus
that I found what was right for me. I liked all of the campuses I visited, but it wasn't until I came to Viterbo that I felt "at home". Also, when you do visit, ASK QUESTIONS!!!
The web site is extremely informative, but no info is better than that from those with experience. Also, keep an open mind. I didn't think I would be at a school that nobody
in my town had ever even heard of, let alone can pronounce, yet here I am, three years later, and still in love just as much as when I visited!
- Career aspirations?: For my career, as of now, I plan to emphasize in Human Resources, preferably in the healthcare field. I can see myself teaching in the future,
but this would be after I gain experience in the business world. I have often thought about a religious path as well, so I guess I'll see where the next couple of years take me.
There's something frightening but beautiful about not knowing what is to come in the future!
- Anything extra you want to share?: If/When you do make your college decision, wherever it may be **cough** Viterbo **cough**, be sure to find out what opportunities there are to get involved,
and FOLLOW UP on those opportunities! Getting involved on campus provides experience, a break from your studies, a fun time, and friendships that will honestly last for the rest of your life.
GO V-HAWKS!! CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW