Health Science Scholarship
Statement of Purpose
Viterbo University in La Crosse, Wis., is offering a four-year, full-tuition scholarship to a deserving student intending to pursue a career in a health science area such as the careers listed below. All other student finalists chosen for the Health Science Competition will receive a minimum of a $2,000 scholarship (over four years) in addition to their academic scholarship.
Criteria for Application
- Applicant must be interested pursuing an undergraduate program in one of the following areas:
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Pre-professional healthcare fields
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Pathologist Assistant
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Note: Those interested in nursing careers should apply for the Nightingale Nursing Scholarship.
- Applicant must be a high school senior and graduate in spring 2019.
- Applicant must have a score of 24 on the ACT (or SAT equivalent)
- The four-year, full-tuition winner will not be eligible to receive other Viterbo University scholarship awards.
- After all the applications have been received, finalists will be invited to Viterbo University to compete on Feb. 8, 2019. Students selected as finalists must be present on this day in order to compete and receive scholarship funding.
- The award ceremony will be held at the end of the competition. The winner must be present to receive the award. If the winner is not present, the first runner-up will become the health science scholar.
- The competition will be evaluated based on the following:
- high school GPA
- ACT/SAT score
- letters of recommendation
- extra curricular activities
- statement of career goals
- events on the day of the competition (exam and interviews).
The Health Science Scholarship finalists are selected via the Viterbo University Scholarship Application. For information on other scholarships available to incoming students, and to access the scholarship application, visit www.viterbo.edu/affordable.
February 8, 2019: On-campus competition
The on-campus competition on Feb. 8 will last most of the day, so plan accordingly.
If you have any questions or concerns, call 608-796-3010 or 1-800-VITERBO or email email@example.com.