As a sophomore student, the following guide will help you explore different ways to make the most of your time at Viterbo.
- Pursue you interests and strengths through coursework, activities, and part-time jobs.
- Conduct informational interviews or job shadow to learn more about career options.
- Begin to gain career experiences and skills through volunteer positions, part-time jobs, and internships.
- Talk to you advisor and Career Services staff to plan for internships.
- Write your initial resume; identify skills and experiences you need to document to improve your marketability for job search. Make plans to fill those gaps in the next two years.
- Attend career fairs to check out the job market and practice conversations with recruiters.
- Update your profile on VHawk Job Talk to explore internships and employment opportunities. Research what employers in your field are looking for in new employees.
- Consider study abroad opportunities.
- Join student professional organizations.
- Participate in community projects and organizations.
- Continue involvement in activities to enhance your learning, experience and marketabilty.