As a senior student, the following guide will help you explore different ways to make the most of your time at Viterbo:
- If planning on continuing your education, start graduate school applications early in the fall semester.
- Spend some time identifying the knowledge, skills, unique qualities, and experiences you bring to job search. Think about how you want to market yourself.
- If you haven't completed an undergraduate internship, you need to explore that possibility now. Contact Career Services to make an appointment with the Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Target your marketing plan and job search. Know the type of position, organization, and community you are seeking.
- Enroll in Job Search Strategies (UNST 410), a course to fine tune your job search materials, activities and plan.
- Attend job search workshops and events sponsored by Career Services.
- Create opportunities to network with people in your field and people who hire people like yourself. Participate in networking events on campus.
- Utilize Optimal Resume and Interview Prep software to develop your resume and practice interviewing skills.
- Schedule an appointment with Career Services staff to discuss your job search, networking strategy, graduate school applications, and interviewing techniques.
- Be sure you review behavioral interviews strategies before attending your first professional interviews. Prepare your stories in advance.
- Fine tune your LinkedIn account.
- Develop a six-month job search plan.
- Update your profile on VHawk job talk and attach your updated employer-ready resume.
- Explore other online job banks to determine quality sources of job leads in your field.
- Ask faculty members, former supervisors, and others to serve as professional references.
- Consider applying for an alumni mentor to assist you with job search issues.
- Submit and follow through with employment applications. Start well before graduation.
- Network. Network. Then network some more.