2014 Nursing Career Fair
Thursday, November 6
Nursing Center 195 and Lobby Area
If you have questions or are interested in participating in the 2014 Nursing Career Fair, telephone the Career Services office at 608-796-3828. Submit a registration form for your organization by October 10, 2014.
- Bring employer-ready resumes
- Dress in business casual or interview apparel
- Research some of the healthcare facilities attending the fair
- Prepare your "elevator speech"--introducing yourself, describing your experiences, strengths, goals
- Check-out employment/internships
- Be familiar with career fair guidelines.
Check out the Optimal Resume software to begin building your resume. Explore sample resume formats, review entry-level healthcare examples, and create your own document.
Nursing Resume Presentation
Session 1: Tuesday, October 28, 5:30 p.m., Nursing Center 201
Session 2: Thursday, October 30, 4 p.m., Nursing Center 201
Resume Check-up Booths
Bring your resume for review from Career Services Staff in the Nursing Center Lobby.
Session 1: Wednesday, October 29, 3-4:30 p.m.
Session 2: Tuesday, November 4, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Questions for Recruiters
- Does your organization have a nurse internship program? What type of orientation does your organization offer new graduate nurses?
- Does your organization plan on hiring new graduate nurses?
- What types of opportunities are available for interns/new nurses at your organization?
- What do you look for when selecting nurse interns? new graduate nurses?
- What do you anticipate will be the timeline for applications for internships? for new graduate nurses?
- What type of new nurse orientation/residency program does your organization offer?
- Are you accepting resumes today?
- What are some of the positive aspects of being a nurse in your organization?
- What are some new programs/challenges at your organization?
- What advice would you give to an intern or new graduate nurse applying at your organization?
2014 Registered Recruiters (as of September 23, 2014)
Bethel Home and Services, Viroqua, WI
Bright Star Health Care, Onalaska, WI
Easter Seals Wisconsin, Wisconsin Dells, WI
Federal Medical Center, Rochester, MN
FHN Healthcare System, Freeport, IL
Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, WI
Lakeview Health Center, West Salem, WI
Logistics Health, Incorporated
Mayo Clinic Health System, La Crosse, Eau Claire, and Rochester
Mercy Health System, Janesville, WI
Mercy Medical Center-Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa, Mason City, IA
Ministry Health Care, Weston, WI
Premier Medical Staffing, Milwaukee, WI
Riverview Hospital Association, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Tomah Memorial Hospital, Tomah, WI
Tomah VA Medical Center, Tomah, WI
True Friends, Annandale, MN
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI
UW-La Crosse ROTC, La Crosse, WI
Villa St. Joseph, La Crosse, WI
Wisconsin Badger Camp, Platteville, WI