Graduate Writing Assistance
The Academic Resource Center provides writing assistance for graduate students at Viterbo University. For assistance, contact Lindsay Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org. This service is primarily online, but in-person appointments can be arranged. Assistance is available for any paper (literature review, sections of a graduate thesis/dissertation, capstone paper, seminar paper, etc.), and the specialist can answer questions about formatting. The specialist will not proofread papers but instead will model correct writing practices. It is up to students to review the specialist's comments and make changes throughout their papers.
Online Graduate Writing Assistance
- Students should email their papers to email@example.com. In the email, please state the course and number, instructor's name, and program of study, and remember to attach the work to be reviewed.
- Students can list any concerns they have about the paper and can identify specific areas of the paper that they would like reviewed. If specific sections are not identified, the specialist will simply review the paper from the beginning.
- Students will receive an email confirming that the paper has been received and providing an approximate return day and time for the paper. The specialist will return the paper via email within 24 to 48 hours. If the volume of requests is extremely high, the turnaround time for the paper may exceed 48 hours. Students should allow for plenty of time when submitting papers due to the potential for high demand.
- The specialist will review the paper for at least an hour (depending on paper length, quality of the writing, extent of the feedback, and volume of requests). If the specialist is unable to review the entire paper, students are welcome to resubmit the paper after taking time to review all the specialist's comments.
Face-to-Face Graduate Writing Assistance
- Students should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting face-to-face assistance. In the email, state the course and number, instructor's name, and program of study. Again, students should allow for plenty of time when scheduling face-to-face appointments due to the potential for high demand and for scheduling purposes. The specialist will arrange a date, time, and place for the appointment within three days of receiving the request.
Punctuation, Grammar, and Usage
Essentials of Graduate Writing
Writing an Abstract
Writing a Literature Review