Online Resources and Services
- Content Tutoring
- Undergraduate Writing Assistance
- Graduate Writing Assistance
- Math Assistance
Online Content Tutoring is available for any subject taught at Viterbo University. Viterbo students can request online tutoring by submitting the Online Tutoring Request form. Upon receipt of your request, we will arrange for tutoring services and contact you via email.
Undergraduate Writing Assistance
- It is for undergraduate students who work full time or
live 25 miles or more from campus.
- Writing specialists will offer help at any stage of the
writing process and answer questions about formatting in APA, MLA, and Chicago
- Specialists DO NOT proofread papers but model correct writing practices
are restricted to structure, coherence, grammar, punctuation, and usage. Writing specialists do not provide feedback
concerning subject content
- The specialist will use the scheduled time to review the paper and email it back to the student with comments.
- Students make appointments by using Genbook or by calling
- Appointments are asynchronous (not in real time).
Students need not be available.
a half hour appointment for papers 4 pages or less; book two half hour
appointments for papers exceeding 4 pages. Limit appointments
to one hour/day.
- When scheduling an appointment, choose Online Undergraduate Writing and a specific specialist. Do not choose ‘no preference’.
- Appointments should be made several days in advance. At certain times of the semester,
appointments may be limited or unavailable due to high demand.
reviewing and implementing the specialist’s comments, students may schedule
your paper to the specialist prior to the appointment.
- Indicate in the subject line that the
paper is to be reviewed online
- State the course and number,
instructor’s name, and program of study
- Attach the work to be reviewed
- Identify specific concerns about the
- In papers exceeding five pages,
identify pages to be reviewed.
Writing - Helpful Resources
Writing - Frequently Asked Questions
Graduate Writing Assistance
Please visit the Graduate Writing Assistance page for details on the procedure for scheduling an appointment.
The Academic Resource Center's Math Resources page includes resources specific to your class, and has links to other helpful webpages. Also included are workshop schedules and documents.
Online math tutoring with the Math Specialist is available August - May, Monday - Friday from 8 am - 4:30 pm by appointment using Genbook,.
Additional online math tutoring can be requested using the Online Tutoring Request form. Upon receipt of your request, we will arrange for tutoring services and contact you via email.
For additional Online Services information, please contact:
Directoror, Academic Resource Center