12/22/2014 11:27:51 AM::This is a test of the Viterbo alert system. this is only a test.

Viterbo University’s website and many of our communication systems such as email and telephone services will be unavailable for parts of Saturday, July 26. In case of emergencies please email viterbohelpdesk@gmail.com

Military and Veterans

Header Image

Certification of Military Benefits

Dawn Mazzola, assistant director of financial aid, in Murphy Center 218, is the school certifying officer for veterans' benefits at Viterbo University. She can be contacted at 608-796-3900 or dmmazzola@viterbo.edu. Certification includes:

  • New Student Certification for Chapter 30 and Chapter 33 (Montgomery GI Bill for Active Duty Personnel and Veterans Since 1985) New students who have been admitted to Viterbo University and are eligible for Veterans' Benefits may request certification of federal benefits in the financial aid office. To begin this process you will need: (a) DD 214, (b) VA Form 22-1990, Application for Education Benefits, (c) Kicker Contract (if eligible), and (d) Certificate of Eligibility (CH 33).
  • New Student Certification for Chapter 1606 and 1607 (Montgomery GI Bill for Reserve and Guard Members Since 1985) New students who have been admitted to Viterbo University and are eligible for Veterans' Benefits may request certification of federal
    benefits in the financial aid office. To begin this process you will need: (a) Signed DD Form 2384 –1 NOBE from your Unit, and (b) VA Form 22-1990, Application for Education Benefits.The Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant may be applied for at the completion of each semester by filling out DMA Form 189. This form should be submitted to the registrar’s office at Viterbo University no later than 60 days after the completion of the semester. New Student Certification for Chapter 35 (Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program-Spouses and Children) Upon application and approval through the county veterans service office, new students who have been admitted to Viterbo University may request final certification of federal benefits in the financial aid office.
  • New Student Certification for Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation Program)Upon application and approval through the county veterans service office and/or the case manager at the Veterans Administration in Eau Claire, your paperwork will be sent to the
    financial aid office at Viterbo for final certification. You will want to make contact with the veterans benefits coordinator to discuss billing policies and procedures.
  • Transfer and Continuing Student Certification (Chapter 30, 31, 35, 1606, 1607) If you are a transfer student to Viterbo University and have used education benefits at another school, contact the school certifying officer in the financial aid office to complete Form
    22-1995 (Change of Place of Program or Training) and to request certification of federal benefits.
  • If you are a continuing student at Viterbo University, your certification of federal benefits will automatically be renewed each semester you are enrolled. All students who are receiving the Montgomery GI Bill just now verify their enrollments monthly to receive payments. This verification can be done by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by using an automated telephone system at 1-877-823-2378.
  • If you have questions regarding your specific entitlements, contact the St. Louis VA Regional Office at 1-888-442-4551 or go to www.gibilll.va.gov.
  • The La Crosse County Veterans Service Office is also available for assistance at 608-785-9719. The office is located in the County Courthouse, Administrative Center room 204, 400 N. 4th Street, La Crosse, WI 54601.
  • If you are eligible for an entitlement that is not listed above, contact Dawn Mazzola, school certifying officer at 608-796-3900 or dmmazzola@viterbo.edu

Site Name