Viterbo University’s website and many of our communication systems such as email and telephone services will be unavailable for parts of Saturday, July 26. In case of emergencies please email

Interpersonal Violence

Header Image

Reporting Options


If you fear for your immediate safety, contact Campus Security, 608-796-3911 or 3911 from a campus phone.

You can seek help and support from any of the following individuals and make a formal anonymous campus report if you so choose. 

Making a formal report is not necessary in order to receive help. Reporting an incident does not mean you must go through campus judicial proceedings.  

A formal campus report of an incident can be extremely helpful for the university in order to alert officials to incidents of violence and help create a safer campus environment.

Student Development Center Staff, 936 Franciscan Way

  • Lesley Stugelmayer, Counseling Services, Student Development Center, 608-796-3808
  • Diane Brimmer, VP for Student Development, Student Development Center, 608-796-3801
  • Sue Danielson, Health Services, Nurse and Educator, Student Development Center, 608-796-3806

Students may also report abuse to any member of the Viterbo faculty or staff, including Resident Assistants, whom you trust. 

The individual being abused may request that the vice president for student development work with other campus staff members to explore alternatives to adjust academic schedules and living arrangements in order to avoid contact with the abuser.


Refer to Reporting Options to see a list of off-campus resources to get help.

Contact the La Crosse Police Department to report abuse and to help keep yourself safe, 911 or 608-785-5962. Any of the on-or off-campus resources can assist in finding information about legal options such as filing a protective/harassment order.