Start a Club
Any group of students with a collective interest in a sport or activity has the ability to start a new Sports Club. The process of doing so is outlined in the steps below. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns with the process, please feel free to contact the Department of Recreational Sports for assistance.
- Create a recognized Sports Club by visiting the Rec Sports Sports Clubs' forms webpage or by visiting the department in the Mathy Center and completing the necessary paperwork.
- Ensure that you have students in place that are willing to be "Officers" for the club. Officers are the main leadership of the club. You will need a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Faculty/Staff Advisor.
- Recruit interested individuals by advertising an information meeting.
- The club will need to be compliance with the Department of Recreational Sports regarding meeting attendance, paperwork compliance, following of policies and procedures, and communication with the department director.
- Renew club status every year and maintain compliance with the Department of Rec Sports.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (608) 796-3121.