Group Fitness Instructor
The group fitness instructor is responsible for providing a safe, motivating environment to the class participants. The instructor should organize his/her own routines within his/her area of specialization, utilizing proper technique, appropriate exercises, and the correct equipment. Group fitness instructors are also responsible for upholding the rules of the Amie L. Mathy Center and Viterbo University's Recreational Sports Department.
- Must have or complete Standard First Aid/CPR/AED certifications within 2 months of hire.
- If a substitution is needed, the instructor is responsible to call other instructors on the contact list. If you are having difficulties and for notification of a substitution, please contact the Director.
- In case of emergencies contact the Director immediately. If you are unable to get a hold of the Director, please contact the Welcome Center and the Assistant Director.
- Check your email regularly for communication, announcements and other important information.
- Attend meetings scheduled by the Director.
- Inform participants of various Rec Sports programs.
- Educate participants of proper form, technique, and other health or wellness information.
- Assist in planning and implementing of Group Fitness special events.
- Continually increase knowledge of group exercise and stay current with new ideas and trainings.
- Notify the Director of any problems that arise (lost or broken equipment, customer concerns, etc.)
- Or recommend facility/program upgrades based on user feedback and personal observances.
- Take responsibility to correct customer problems and concerns.
- Participant surveys will be conducted at the end of each semester.
Group Fitness Instructor Application