Fitness/Wellness Internship (Ten Month Paid) - Currently Unavailable
Fitness Intern (Unpaid)
The Department of Recreational Sports offers a Fitness Programs Internship. The purpose of the intern position is to work with the Director to promote and assist in the overall operation of the Fitness Programs.
Duties May Include:
- Assist in the development, coordination and administration of the fitness and wellness programs, which include but are not limited to group fitness, personal training, and wellness incentive programs.
- Work with the Director to develop new programs for fitness and wellness.
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervising, and evaluation of group fitness instructors and other fitness program personnel.
- Maintain records, prepare and analyze fitness and wellness participant statistics (group fitness classes, personal training clients & sessions, seminars, lectures, etc.), evaluations, participation surveys, and program manuals.
- Provide fitness assessments, fitness orientations, and other informal fitness opportunities.
- If possible, teach one or more fitness classes and be available to teach when regular staff is unable.
- Overseeing daily operations of fitness incentive programs, including registration, attendance records, and equipment/facility upkeep.
- Assist in the developing, implementing, and evaluating a schedule of instructional programs and special events that will enhance the Fitness Program including workshops and training seminars.
- Assist in the marketing efforts for programs including ensuring the accuracy for website, schedules, and marketing materials.
- Oversee the inventory and maintenance of the Fitness Center and Multi-Purpose room equipment as well as other group fitness equipment.
- Assist in the ordering of parts and scheduling of service calls for the equipment, as necessary.
- Ensure policies and procedures are practiced at the standards set forth by the professional staff.
- Answer and refer questions about respective area policies and procedures.
- Adhere to daily office hours and work shifts as assigned.
- Assist the full-time professional staff in the presentation of various in-service programs including group fitness instructors and personal trainers.
- Serve as professional staff on duty (rotating weekend "on call") on duty for overall management and supervision of all staff, programs, and recreational sports facilities to include opening and closing facility and managing user-related situations and emergencies.
- Assist with all departmental special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certification in First Aid/CPR.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Possess good leadership skills, written and oral communication skills, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office programs).
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Prior work experience in a Recreational Sports Program preferred.
- Personal Training and/or Group Fitness Instructor certification preferred.
- Sincere interest in upholding the standards of the Rec Sports Department and Fitness Program.
- A commitment of 10-15 hours per week
- Some afternoons, nights, weekends may be required.
Interested individuals send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org