Health Science Scholarship
Statement of Purpose:
Viterbo University in La Crosse, Wis., is offering a four-year, full-tuition scholarship, currently valued at approximately $91,000, to a deserving student intending to pursue a career in a health science area such as the careers listed below. A total of $183,000 will be awarded among other finalists in the competition. All students chosen for the Health Science Competition (28 total) will receive a minimum of a $2,000 scholarship (over four years) in addition to their academic scholarship.
Criteria for Application:
1. Applicant must be pursuing a health science career. Some examples are as follows:
- Chiropractic Medicine
- Medical Research (Biology, Chemistry)
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
*Nursing majors are not part of this scholarship as of 2007
2. Applicant must be a high school senior and graduate in spring 2014.
3. Applicant must have a composite score of at least 25 on the ACT or 1700 on the SAT.
4. The four-year, full-tuition winner will not be eligible to receive other Viterbo University scholarship awards.
5. After all the applications have been received, the top 28 applicants will be invited to Viterbo to compete on Feb. 14, 2014. Select participants must be present on this day in order to compete.
6. The award ceremony will be held at the end of the competition. The winner must be present to receive the award. If the winner is not present, the first runner-up will become the health science scholar.
7. The competition will be evaluated based on the following: ACT/SAT score, high school GPA, letters of recommendation, extra curricular activities, statement of career goals, and events on the day of the competition (exam and interviews).
*Your essay and recommendation letters can be sent via email to email@example.com
Applicants are required to complete this application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- January 22, 2014: Postmark Deadline
- February 4, 2014: Notification of eligibility to compete
- February 14, 2014: On-campus competition
The on-campus competition on Feb. 14 will last most of the day, so plan accordingly.
- For complete instructions and criteria, please see the Health Science Scholarship application.
or faxed to 608-796-3020. You may also mail your essay, scores, transcripts, and recommendation letters to:
Health Science Scholarship Committee
900 Viterbo Dr
La Crosse, WI 54601
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 608-796-3010 or
1-800-VITERBO or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply for the Health Science Scholarship