The National Society of Leadership and Success: A Community of Leaders
The National Society of Leadership and Success was founded to help individuals discover and achieve their aspirations by supplying the nation’s leading presenters to colleges via live interactive broadcast, and by helping students create a community where motivated, goal-oriented individuals help each other to succeed. The core philosophy is that students can achieve their desired professional and personal goals with proper support, guided, directed, and dedicated action.
Viterbo University invites students to build leadership skills by participating in the National Society of Leadership and Success. Below is a complete list of the requirements. Once you are an inducted member, students may continue to build leadership skills by participating in Viterbo's Membership Chapter.
INVITATION PROCESS: Students are invited to participate based on a selected target audience, however, anyone can nominate oneself to participate by going on the Society's national website: www.societyleadership.org or contact the Office of Campus Activities.
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS: To be inducted as a member of the Society, students must complete four requirements.
- Video Broadcast Presentations: Attend three of the six video broadcast presentations by nationally-known leaders
- Tuesday, October 1 @ 6 p.m. in 127 Reinhart Center
- Tuesday, October 15 @ 6 p.m. in 127 Reinhart Center
- Thursday, November 7 @ 6 p.m. in 127 Reinhart Center
- Tuesday, February 11 @ 6 p.m. in 127 Reinhart Center
- Tuesday, February 25 @ 6 p.m. in 127 Reinhart Center
- Tuesday, March 18 @ 6 p.m. in 127 Reinhart Center
- Leadership Training Day: Students must attend one training session that focuses on exploring their challenges, recognizing their strengths, identifying their passion, and setting up a personal plan to initiate the change needed to move forward. (A pending member must attend Orientation prior to attending a Leadership Training Day.)
- Sunday, November 10 or Thursday, November 14
- Success Networking Teams (SNT): Students must attend at least three SNT meetings. SNT meetings are designed to encourage students to work together and provide peer coaching around achieving personal and professional goals. (A pending member must attend Leadership Training Day before being assigned to a SNT.)
- Induction: Pending members will be inducted into the National Society of Leadership and Success on Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
**Ideally, membership requirements would be completed within the academic year, however, if they cannot be completed within the academic year, a pending member has until they graduate to complete the requirements.
VITERBO'S MEMBERSHIP CHAPTER (after induction)
The National Society for Leadership and Success is an honor society, meaning that once you are inducted it is up to you on how you act as a member. There is no requirement of you as a member, however, we encourage you to continue your leadership growth. Membership opportunities through the National organization can be found here: www.societyleadership.org
To get involved contact the Office of Campus Activities at 608-796-3807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.