Fun Things to do in La Crosse
Local Event Schedule for La Crosse
20 Other Fun Things to do in the La Crosse Area
1. Have a cup of joe at one of the coffee shops in town.
- Sip & Surf, 1121 Jackson (by Walgreens)
- Bean Juice, Jackson Plaza, 1014 S. 19th Street
- Jules, 327 Pearl Street
- Grounded, 308 Main Street
2. Walk or bike through the trails in the marsh by Myrick Park.
3. Hike up 590 feet to Grandad Bluff. 400 La Crosse Street, 789-7533
4. Experience nature on a stroll through 720 acres at Hixon Forest. 2707 Quarry Road (east side of Hwy 16)
5. Play tennis at one of the following city parks with tennis courts: Bluffview, Copeland,
Erickson, Trane, Weigent. Also check out UWL’s tennis courts.
6. Hear live music at the Warehouse—all ages, no-alcohol concert venue.
7. Shop at Valley View Mall - Everything from Macy’s to Hollister.
3800 State Road 16, www.myvalleyview.com
9. Get a sweet treat at:
- Ranison Ice Cream and Candy Shop. 706 16th St S, 782-1987
- Pearl Ice Cream Parlor: authentic 1930’s soda fountain with
award winning ice cream. 207 Pearl Street, 782-6655
- Finnottes 535 Main Street, 782-3184, www.finnottes.com
10. See some great art and performances at the Pumphouse Art Gallery.
www.thepumphouse.org 119 King Street
11. Catch a movie for cheap at the historic Rivoli Theatre. www.rivoli.net, 117 N 4th Street,
12. Take in a play at the La Crosse Community Theatre. www.lacrossecommunitytheatre.org
118 5th Avenue N, Box Office (608) 784-9292
13. Knock down some pins at Pla-Mor Lanes.www.plamorlanes.2gobowl.com
807 S 4th Street, 784-3043
14. Take a tour of Mary of the Angels Chapel at St. Rose Convent.
Since August 1,1878, at least 2 Franciscan Sisters have maintained a 24 hour prayer
vigil for the church, community, and world. 715 South 9th Street, 784-2288
15. Check out Mt. La Crosse for skiing, snowboarding, or snow tubing.
16. Play some mini golf or race go-karts at Riverside Amusements. 1304 Interchange Place
781-7529 Open: May 1-Oct. 1
17. Rent a canoe or paddle boat at Goose Island. 710 acre park located 5 miles south of
La Crosse on HWY 35. 788-7018
18. Take a ride on the LaCrosse Queen Paddlewheel Cruise Boat May-October.
Northeast end of Riverside Park, 784-2893 www.lacrossequeen.com/
19. Check out the LaCrosse Center for big name concerts & other cool events.
Trade shows, conventions, concerts, circuses, ice shows, and more!
20. Play Frisbee Golf at the course in Pettibone Park. 333 Park Plaza Drive, 782-5858