Philosophy encourages exploration and discussion of fundamental philosophical questions and issues that proceed from commitment to the virtues of the Catholic Franciscan tradition, including hospitality, humility, and a commitment to truth, faith, hope, and charity.
- Would you like to explore the most interesting questions ever posed about life and human nature?
- Do you want to learn how to reason critically and creatively?
- Are you interested in going to law school, graduate school, or working in an occupation where ethical decision-making is crucial?
- Are you tired of just learning facts and memorizing information?
- Do you enjoy engaging in debates with friends and arguing about contentious issues?
- Do you want to graduate in four years and be in a program flexible enough that you can get a minor, or even a double-major?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then studying philosophy may be just what you are looking for.