Handbook - Evaulation of Transfer Credit
Advisors should review the information in the University Undergraduate Catalog regarding Viterbo's Transfer Credit Policy. Upon receipt of a transcript, the registrar will evaluate the courses taken at another institution and complete an Evaluation of Transfer Credit form which is shared with the student and the advisor. A few thoughts to consider:
- This form should be reviewed by the advisor with the student.
- Grades do not transfer, only credits.
- A course taken at another institution to replace a low grade in a course taken at Viterbo will replace the grade of the course taken at Viterbo. If the student achieves a grade of C or higher in the course repeated at another institution, the credit will transfer and satisfy a Viterbo course requirement.
- Courses taken at another institution should be pre-approved by the registrar to guarantee transferability. The Transfer Course Approval form is on the Registrar's Forms web page.
- If a course was taken as a lower division at another institution, it will transfer as a lower division even though the course may be an upper division at Viterbo. As a general rule, all courses from two year institutions transfer as lower division.