Handbook - Academic Advisor Behaviors
- Demonstrate an understanding of what new students must go through in order to become matriculated.
- Provide referrals to other university resources when necessary.
- Help the student realistically assess their college major choice.
- Help the students attain their immediate educational goals.
- Provide information regarding courses, requirements, tests, registration, course changes, and so forth.
- Interpret test results by relating them to major choice and course requirements.
- Help students to evaluate and understand their educational goals.
- Provide time for students to ask questions.