Handbook – Advisee Responsibilities
Assume responsibility in consultation with your advisor for being knowledgeable about degree requirements and your progress toward completion of a degree.
- Become knowledgeable of the content of the College Catalog.
- Become knowledgeable of Placement Test results and course prerequisites.
- Review degree audit.
- Become aware of various deadline dates.
Meet with your academic advisor.
- Be knowledgeable about how to contact your academic advisor.
- Get to know the person who is your advisor.
- Initiate an individual meeting with your advisor within the first four weeks of your first semester at Viterbo.
- Immediately initiate meetings with your advisor when academic progress is less than satisfactory.
- Meet with your academic advisor as requested by your advisor or other campus resources.
- Contact your advisor as needs arise.
- Generate a list of possible classes for an upcoming semester and share these with your advisor when you register for the next semester.
- Utilize the services of your advisor to discuss career options.
Gather all relevant decision making information regarding career and/or academic decisions.
Accept responsibility for your decisions.
Share frankly and honestly with your advisor career interests, plans, and related work experiences.
Become aware of and utilize the various resources on campus that can affect one's growth personally, intellectually, spiritually, and physically.
Attend classes and be actively involved in the learning process in order to achieve your goals.