Leave of Absence for Students
Undergraduate students are granted a continuous one-year leave of absence upon withdrawing or not being enrolled for any reason. Students will remain in the same catalog for curriculum requirements, provided they return to Viterbo University according to the guidelines specified below.
- The leave of absence begins the day of withdrawal or last day of last term attended, including summer, and remains in force for no more than three full, consecutive semesters, including summer.
- The student returns to the same program (major) as was declared upon last day of attendance.
- The student is not considered an officially enrolled student when not registered for any courses. The student also is not designated as being on a leave of absence for any official purposes.
- To initiate the reentry to Viterbo, the student is responsible for submitting an application, available online, to indicate the term of return, as well as confirm/update other demographic information.
- The student is responsible for notifying the registrar’s office of changes in name, address, telephone number, or email address while on leave of absence.
- The student is responsible for completing a request to take a course at another institution form if he/she decides to complete coursework at another institution during the leave of absence.
- If the leave of absence expires prior to the student’s return to Viterbo University, the student will be assigned the current catalog for the term of re-entry.