Viterbo University is committed to meeting the highest academic standards measured by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The university offers excellent opportunities for students transferring from similar colleges and universities which have met the stringent guidelines of their regional accrediting commissions. We have a transfer policy that students find accommodating from any of the six regional accrediting bodies located throughout the U.S. The university does not accept credits from non-regionally accredited institutions. We urge all students to verify that the institution where they take courses is regionally accredited to ensure that their coursework can be considered for transfer to any regionally accredited university or college at the graduate or undergraduate level.
Viterbo University is accredited/approved by:
- American Chemical Society
- Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- Higher Learning Commission
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Wisconsin State Board of Nursing
Viterbo University is recognized by the Wisconsin State Department of Public Instruction for the certification of teachers in the elementary and secondary schools and for the training of veterans.
Viterbo University is registered with the Iowa College Student Aid Commission to offer programs via face-to-face and distance education delivery to Iowa residents. Iowa students with questions about the university may contact the commission by phone at 877-272-4456 or file a complaint at https://www.iowacollegeaid.gov/sdrf-start.